Learn About Dylan
It is an honor to serve the Village of Essex Junction as a State Representative. I am a lifelong Vermonter who faced struggles as a young person, dropped out of high school, and rediscovered my passion for learning at the Community College of Vermont. My background drew me to public service.
Prior to serving as one of your State Representatives, I was a policy advisor to the State Treasurer, and worked in the legislative branch as Chief of Staff to the Speaker of the Vermont House. Today, I have the privilege of serving on the House Education Committee. In addition, I my Democratic colleagues elected me to the House leadership team for the 2019 – 2020 terms.
I am passionate about community service and giving back to Vermont. I serve on the Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees. I am a member of the Essex Board of Civil Authority and a Justice of the Peace, and a Director on the Essex Community Historical Society Board. In November 2017, I was excited to be named one of Vermont Business Magazine’s Rising Stars.
I am very lucky to be married to Candace Morgan. We live on Arlington Street.
- Born and raised in Rutland County, Vermont
- Spouse: Candace Morgan
- Education: Community College of Vermont (A.A.); Johnson State College (B.A.)
- Occupation: Director of Financial Literacy and Outreach, Office of the State Treasurer
- Member of the Essex Board of Civil Authority
- Member of the Essex Community Historical Society Board of Directors
- Member of the House of Representatives (2017-2018, 2019-2020)
- Member of the House Education Committee
- Member of the Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees
- Member of the Vermont Jump$tart Coalition Board of Directors
- Selected in 2017 as one of Vermont Business Magazine’s “Rising Stars” under 40
- Selected in 2016 as one of Johnson State College’s “Alumni Rising Star”